Our dedicated Trade Unit at Wesgro constantly looks for ways to develop trade and export capacity in Cape Town and the Western Cape through practical training and relationship building.
Our trade-facilitation programme is designed to provide opportunities for Western Cape-based exporters to meet potential customers, conclude business deals and also to grow their businesses by expanding their markets. This helps to develop the provincial economy and create more jobs.
A strategic, well-researched export plan, combined with dedication and focused determination, will help any business to break down those barriers and successfully achieve their export aspirations. Our highly experienced export country managers are the first port of call for exporters who have a fully developed export marketing plan and clear export goals.
We collaborate with export councils and industry associations in the province
For product-specific information, read more about the following industry bodies:
- Automotive Industry Export Council (AIEC)
- Built Environment Professions Export Council (BEPEC)
- SA Boatbuilders' Export Council
- SA Capital Equipment Export Council
- SA Electrotechnical Export Council
- Fresh Produce Exporters Forum / Fruit South Africa
- Farmed Abalone Export Council
- Cosmetic Export Council of South Africa (CECOSA)
- SA Footwear & Leather Export Council
- International Steel Fabricators of South Africa
- South African Wire Association
- Wines of South Africa
- Steel Tube Export Association of South Africa
- SA Equine Trade Council
- SA Fruit & Vegetable Canners' Export Council
- South African Ostrich Business Chamber
- Rail Road Association
- SA Aerospace Maritime & Defence Industries Association
- Aluminium Federation of South Africa (AFSA)
- Plastics SA
- SA Dairy Foundation
- SA Iron & Steel Institute (SAISI)
- South African Print & Packaging Export Council
- Business Process Enabling South Africa (BPeSA)
- South African Stainless Steel Development Association (SASSDA)
- SA Olive industry association
- South African Organic Sector Organisation
- Western Cape Trout Association
- Marine Finfish Farmers Association of South Africa
- South African Wind Energy Association (SAWEA)
- Crocodile Association
- South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (SAPVIA)
- Responsible packaging management Association of Southern Africa (RPMASA)
- Women and Youth in Agriculture
- Medical Device Manufacturers Association of South Africa
- Publishers’ Association of South Africa
- Aerosol Manufacturers’ Association
- South African Furniture Initiative
What we can help you with
Looking for more information?
Search our resource library
The Wesgro Trade Unit provides a free and confidential service to help you establish and grow your business in Cape Town and the Western Cape. Our diverse economy, strong skills base and well-connected infrastructure present many opportunities for foreign buyers seeking high-quality goods and services, as well as exporters looking to expand into the African market.
Read our latest sector and country fact sheets and research reports to identify new opportunities to grow your business.