7 May 2020
WESGRO WEBINAR | Employment law implications of the Level 4 Lockdown
HOST: Amanda Tshaya, Head of Agribusiness Investment Unit at Wesgro
- Balindile Shezi, Executive of Employment at ENSAfrica
- Lauren Salt, Executive of Employment at ENDAfrica
Wesgro's Head of the Agribusiness Investment Unit talks to industry experts from ENSafrica regarding the employment law implication of the level 4 lockdown.
(1) The duty to pay employees who do not or cannot return to work (Sick pay, leave of absence, reasonable accommodations)
(2) How do employers handle a situation of employee(s) actually getting infected by COVID-19?
(3) Can employers reduce their employees remuneration?
(4) Can employees be placed on lay-off or short time
(5) UIF benefits including COVID-19 TERS
(6)Can employers reduce their employee's remuneration?