Wesgro is recruiting for a seasoned professional with private sector experience.
This is a permanent position subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement. A probation period applies.
An all-inclusive market-related remuneration package will apply.
Reference Number: GES/22
The Western Cape is a leading regional economy. As Green Economy Specialist you’ll be instrumental in positioning the Western Cape as a leader in the Green Economy, by building relationships in the sector and supporting the retention and expansion of existing investments in the region so that the Agency can achieve its mission and strategic objectives in the technology space. This is integral in ensuring that the Western Cape remains an investment destination of choice for global and local investors, a sought-after source market for goods and services and a filmmaker’s hub on the continent. As part of the Executive Leadership Team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that Wesgro punches above its weight as a leading sub-national TIPA (Trade and Investment Promotion Agency) globally.
Armed with a deep understanding of investment life cycles, current investment activities, and stakeholders operating within their focus sector, the Green Economy Specialist will provide investors with an end-to-end support structure to ensure projects are successfully and easily commercialised in the province.
- A 3-year Business degree or similar qualification in commerce
- 5 years’ working experience in a client relations and relationship management in renewable energy, green economy or related fields
- An ability to network off and leverage from businesses in the sector as well as service providers who can support inbound investors
- Knowledge of, and a keen interest in the green economy and its applicability to Africa
- Knowledge of African markets and/or African sustainable development.
- Ability to understand and work with other units at Wesgro to promote cross-selling of opportunities
- Evidence of extensive business development experience
- Ability to plan and execute local travel to promote focus sector to investors
- Ability to positively position the region on both international and local platforms
- Ability to engage will all levels of management, especially C-Suite
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in the Investment Promotion team to enhance support to local investors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A valid Code B driver’s license and passport
- Initiate and/or propose project ideas aimed at reducing carbon emissions and pollution, enhancing adaptation to climate change, ensuring that resources are used efficiency, and preventing the loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Host clients that are visiting the region and develop structured itineraries to enhance their visit
- Leverage networks (i.e. investor contacts, governmental contacts) to facilitate the investment process by promoting green growth and climate resilience development
- Provide strategic direction in task teams that are working to improve Wesgro’s investment promotion impact
- Maintain and update investment project information according to internal business processes and prepare reports accordingly
- Understand, manage and build a pipeline of potential investments focusing on the Green Economy
- Plan and conduct in-market expeditions to promote opportunities in the Western Cape region to businesses
- Work closely with key units internally at Wesgro to support cross-collaboration in client business support
The successful candidate will report to the Head: Investment Promotion
How to apply: Email your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote the full position title and reference to this advert
Closing date: 21 August 2022
Direct all inquiries to Human Resources, on 021 487 8600
Should you not have received any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful