Wesgro is recruiting for a seasoned professional with public sector experience.
This is a permanent position subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement. A probation period applies.
An all-inclusive market-related remuneration package will apply.
Reference Number: ACC/22
The Western Cape is a leading regional economy. As the Accountant you’ll be instrumental in supporting the achievement of Wesgro's strategic and operational objectives, by contributing to the organisational goals through the preparation, examination and analysis of various accounting records and financials. Wesgro is integral in ensuring that the Western Cape remains an investment destination of choice for global and local investors, a sought-after source market for goods and services and a filmmaker’s hub on the continent. You'll play a key role in ensuring that Wesgro punches above its weight as a leading sub-national TIPA (Trade and Investment Promotion Agency) globally.
The Accountant will be responsible for performing relevant accounting activities in accordance with local and IFRS reporting standards and ensures compliance to local financial and tax legislations. The Accountant will assist the Financial Controller across the full spectrum of financial accounting operations
- A 3-year or 4-year academic qualification in any of the Accounting (Finance fields) eg B Accounting, B Com Accounting etc
- An accreditation as a Chartered Accountant [CA(SA)] and registered with SAICA will be an advantage
- A postgraduate degree would be advantageous
- Experience in both public and private sectors advantageous
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with the following packages/programmes will be an advantage: EWorkflow, Sage 300 (AccPac), eMargination, Management Reporting system on SharePoint, CaseWare
- Excellent understanding of GRAP and FSCA Regulations
- Experience in the following areas:
- Generally Recognised Accounting Practices (GRAP),
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP),
- Compliance with Public Finance Management Act (PMFA)
- Compliance with Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
- Treasury Regulations
- Financial Management variance analyses and reporting internal control measures & implementation
- Prepares and delivers financial reporting according to local rules, laws and regulations, as well as in compliance with GRAP and the Agency reporting standards
- Performs month-end close responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner to ensure accurate reporting
- Posts journal entries, reconciles accounts and maintains a complete and accurate general ledger
- Processes daily banking transactions
- Conducts the tax reporting according to local rules, including the tax pack and handle any queries and variances
- Supports continuous process improvements within the accounting and finance function
- Ensures practices are compliant with good internal controls
- Participates in ad-hoc analysis based on business needs
- Financial Management including financial reporting and accounting
- Create effective and efficient processes with clear governance structures.
- Be a natural networker
- Be a credible voice and thought leader
- Be able to engage at a high level with public and private sector partners
- Be able to communicate and present to the Executive Team, CEO and Board effectively and efficiently
- Be passionate about managing people, wanting the best out of them and giving them support to grow
Email your updated CV to email@example.com – please note you need to quote the full position title in the subject line with the reference: ACC/22
Closing date: 21 August 2022
Got questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact our Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org