PORTFOLIO MANAGER - BUSINESS GROWTH SERVICES: TECHNOLOGY SECTOR
This is a three year contractual position (with the option to renew) subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement. A six month probation period applies. An all-inclusive market related remuneration package will apply.
Reference Number: BGS/12
Purpose of the position:
To attract investment into the Western Cape by providing Wesgro’s services to investors and build relationships so that the Agency can achieve its key performance objectives, as defined in the Wesgro Business Plan. This includes adding value to established businesses in the Western Cape by promoting investment through facilitating expansions of local businesses, providing facilitation support for existing investors, assisting businesses across the investment value chain to drive job creation and economic growth and encouraging follow-on investment and thus achieve a greater local economic impact. Business Growth Service Portfolio Managers are Wesgro’s link to the local business community – their role is to keep a pulse on opportunities and challenges that businesses face – and then establish the platforms required to support investment through expansions and resolve issues to promote growth.
- A 3 year Business degree or similar qualification in commerce
- 3 years’ working experience in a client relations and relationship management in the ICT sector.
- An understanding of funding mechanisms and the private and public sector funding ecosystem is essential
- A deep understanding of the South African Technology sector, including companies from start-up to JSE-listed businesses; key financiers within the sector and important stakeholders and role-players that enable business
- An understanding of the various areas of ICT such as online digital media, software development, ICT services, and electronics. Understand different funding options for ICT projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A valid Code B driver’s license and passport.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills,
- Problem-solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills and networking as well as stakeholder management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interpret feedback from businesses in industry to governmental stakeholders, in order to enhance the business climate in the sector
- Assist in supporting the growth and expansion of Wesgro clients and businesses located in the Western Cape
- Identify, build relationships with, and conduct visits to clients
- Provide a facilitation service to existing investors and arrange investor networking events
- Leverage networks (i.e. investor contacts, governmental contacts) to support business growth
- Provide strategic direction in task teams that are working to improve Wesgro’s investment promotion impact
- Maintain and update investment project information according to internal business processes and prepare reports accordingly
- Strategic client facilitation in conjunction with the Cape Investor Centre
- Host inward business missions
- Manage and provide inputs into the Business Growth Services unit’s pipeline;
- Travel extensively within South Africa to promote opportunities in the Western Cape region to businesses across the country
- Plan and conduct missions to district municipalities in order to source and support investment
- Work closely with key units internally at Wesgro to support cross-collaboration in client business support
The successful candidate will report to the Head: Investment Promotion
Should you comply with all of the above please do not hesitate to apply.
How to apply:
Email your most recent CV to: email@example.com
Quote the reference to this advert in the subject line of your email
CLOSING DATE: 22 June 2020
Should you not have received any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful