Wesgro, is the official tourism, trade, film and investment promotion agency for Cape Town and the Western Cape. Wesgro is an agency filled with people passionate about this place we live in, passionate about driving its success and passionate about being innovative and forward thinking! Wesgro is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. This Cape Town-based vacancy is on offer to dynamic individuals with the skills and competencies required to perform in this exciting environment
This is a three year contractual position (with the option to renew) subject to the successful candidate signing a Performance Agreement. All-inclusive remuneration package: Market related (CTC). A six month probation period applies.
Reference Number: MSP/SP
Purpose of the Job:
The Incumbent will work closely with the Head of Strategic Projects to effectively manage both project and senior administrative functions and will act as right-hand person to the Head of Strategic Projects.
- A 3 year degree or diploma – business, humanities, sciences, etc.
- Post-graduate qualification would be an advantage
- Proven experience (at least 3 years working experience) in an administration, operations, or project management role
- Proven track record and experience working with senior executives in an organisation
- Ability to manage multiple projects across various disciplines
- Flexible and willing to perform various duties depending on shifting needs of the Agency
- Well-developed organisational and project management skills
- Manage / Track correspondence / documentation in an accurate and professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and social skills / team player
- Team management and logistics
- Proven presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy is essential, particularly MS Word for Windows, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Must be able to write minutes and frame letters from managements notes
- Conflict handling
- Problem solving
- Ensure focus of the Head of Strategic Projects on priority matters, both internal and external.
- Help complete and action priority items
- Keep abreast of internal operations of strategic projects within the agency offering assistance, feedback and advice where necessary.
- Assist with communication processes to improve Wesgro’s image, particularly with funders and potential investors/exporters.
- Attend management and stakeholders meetings and ensure clear action items are agreed in the meeting.
- Deal with clients in a professional manner
- Carry out administrative tasks as necessary, including taking minutes and typing communications whilst ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain a consolidated list of action items flowing from various forums, committees and meetings, and follow up on these items.
- Compile and conduct research when necessary in preparation for engagements and meetings
- Make recommendations in relation to enhancing the effectiveness and cohesiveness of the agency’s projects.
The successful candidate will report to the Head: Strategic Projects
Forward your application accompanied by a detailed CV to:
The Human Resource Department,
PO Box 1678, Cape Town, 8000;
Preferably email your CV to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 23 August 2019
Direct all enquiries to Nombongo Manana: Human Resources, on 021 487 8600