APPLICATIONS AND/OR NOMINATIONS FOR MEMBERS TO SERVE ON THE AUDIT, IT and RISK OKAZAR ENTREPRENEURIAL NGO COMMITEE OF WESGRO
The Western Cape Tourism Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Wesgro), is a provincial public entity of the Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism, duly incorporated in terms of the provisions of the Western Cape Tourism Trade and Investment Promotion Agency Act, 1996 (Act 3 of 1996).
In accordance with Section 51(a)(ii) of the PFMA, Wesgro seeks to appoint 2 (two) suitably qualified professionals to serve as independent Audit, IT and Risk Committee Members. The appointment dates will be communicated to the successful candidates and will be for a 3 (three) year fix term contract from the date of appointment.
As a result, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to be appointed as independent Members of Wesgro’s Audit, IT and Risk Committee.
Applicants with one or more of the following qualifications and areas of experience will be given preference:
- A relevant three-year tertiary or equivalent qualification in Commerce or Corporate Governance or Compliance and Law;
- Executive management experience in Corporate Governance, Compliance and Law within the public sector for 10 years or more;
- Exposure in areas of Risk management or oversight bodies;
- Exposure in areas of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) management or oversight committees;
- Exposure in serving in oversight committees; and
- A member of a relevant recognised professional body.
Members will be remunerated in terms of the approved Provincial Government of the Western Cape guidelines for the renumeration of audit committees.
Members must have expertise in either of the following areas:
- Internal and External Auditing including Public Sector Audit exposure;
- Legal services;
- Risk management;
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT); and
- Corporate Governance.
Members must possess the following qualities:
- An interest in delivering a better service to South African citizens;
- A wllingness to dedicate time to the Audit Committee activities; and
- Communication skills.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Key functions of the Audit Committee are as per National Treasury’s Internal Audit Framework, Government prescripts and good governance requirements, which, among others, highlight the following:
- Manage the functional performance of Internal Audit quarterly;
- Review the plans of both the Internal and External audit;
- Review the reports of both Internal and External Audit and monitor implementation of recommendations by management; and
- Review the Annual Financial Statements.
Applicants will be requested to undergo a vetting process that will include a criminal record check and the confirmation of qualifications. All applications must include a complete CV, clearly indicating fields of experience, qualifications and competencies. Applications must be accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications, the applicant’s ID and proof of professional memberships (if applicable). Applications that do not include certified copies of supporting documents will be disqualified.
Forward your application with supporting documentation to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 21 May 2021
Direct all enquiries to Giselle Naidoo on 066 218 4473
Should you not have received any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful