Wesgro, is the official tourism, trade, film and investment promotion agency for Cape Town and the Western Cape. Our role is to position and market Cape Town and the Western Cape as a desirable place to visit, trade with and invest in. Wesgro is an agency filled with people passionate about this place we live in, passionate about driving its success and passionate about being innovative and forward thinking!
Wesgro is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
This Cape Town-based vacancy is on offer to dynamic individuals with the skills and competencies required to perform in this exciting environment.
VACANCY: GREENFIELD PORTFOLIO MANAGER: TECHNOLOGY SECTOR
This is a three year contractual position (with the option to renew) subject to the successful candidate signing a Performance Agreement.
A six month probation period applies
Reference Number: Greenfield
Purpose of the position:
To attract investment into the Western Cape by providing Wesgro’s services to investors and build relationships so that the Agency can achieve its key performance objectives, as defined in the Wesgro Business Plan.
This includes positioning and marketing the province as a leading investment location to the international investor community. Greenfield Portfolio Managers represent Cape Town and the Western Cape internationally – their role is to develop a deep understanding of multinational businesses, investors and stakeholders operating within their focus sector and target these businesses to present the regional value proposition. Greenfield Portfolio Managers provide international investors with an end-to-end support structure to ensure projects are successfully and easily commercialised in the province.
The successful candidate will be someone who can be relied upon to take the initiative in driving and enhancing the positioning of the Western Cape’s tech sector internationally.
“Greenfield Portfolio Managers are people who think outside the box to identify sectoral investment opportunities; and then put the right people together to turn the opportunity into an investment”
A 3-year Business degree or similar qualification in commerce
- 5 years’ working experience in a client relations and relationship management in the ICT sector
- Extensive local network of businesses in the sector and service providers that can support inbound investors (ie immigration lawyers; accountants; tax experts; site location managers)
- Extensive international network of businesses in the sector (targets) and service providers that can generate leads (ie consular networks; consultants; advisory agencies; multinational banks)
- Evidence of extensive international business development experience
- Ability to plan and execute international travel to promote their focus sector to investors
- Ability to positively position the region on international platforms
- Ability to confidently meet with multinational business leaders to position the region and sector to encourage investment
- Ability to work closely with the Business Growth Services resource to enhance support to local investors
- Ability to understand and work with other units at Wesgro to promote cross-selling of opportunities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A valid Code B driver’s license and passport.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills,
- Problem-solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills and networking as well as stakeholder management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interpret feedback from businesses in industry to governmental stakeholders
- Identify, build relationships with, and conduct visits to clients
- Host clients that are visiting the region and develop structured itineraries to enhance their visit
- Leverage networks (i.e. investor contacts, governmental contacts) to accelerate the investment process
- Provide strategic direction in task teams that are working to improve Wesgro’s investment promotion impact
- Maintain and update investment project information according to internal business processes and prepare reports accordingly
- Strategic client facilitation in conjunction with the Cape Investor Centre
- Host inward business delegations from international markets
- Understand and manage a pipeline of potential investments focusing on the Tech Sector
- Plan and conduct international investment promotion to promote opportunities in the Western Cape region to businesses across the globe
Assist in supporting the commercialisation of new foreign direct investments in Cape Town ands the Western Cape region (focusing on the Tech sector)
Work closely with key units internally at Wesgro to support cross-collaboration in client business support
The successful candidate will report to the Head: Investment Promotion
How to apply: Email your most recent CV to email@example.com.
Quote the full position title and reference to this advert
Closing date: (midnight) 27 October 2020
Direct all enquiries to Nombongo Manana: Human Resources, on 021 487 8699
Should you not have received any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful