Purpose of the Job:
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering on innovative marketing strategies to build the brand of Cape Town and the Western Cape as a leisure and business tourism destination. The candidate will lead the destination marketing and Convention Bureau teams. The candidate will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of important strategic relationships with stakeholders in line with the Annual Performance Plan and Strategic Plan.
• An academic qualification in marketing, advertising or related business sciences (a post-graduate qualification would be an advantage)
• Ten years’ experience in international marketing and/or place marketing or in the tourism industry (preferably in a public-private role), with proven capabilities in public relations and communications
• Proven track record and experience working as a senior executive in an organisation.
• Ability to manage multiple projects across disciplines.
• Flexiblity and willingness to perform various duties depending on the shifting needs of the agency.
• Management experience in online marketing
• A strong understanding of the Western Cape’s key attractions
• Thorough knowledge of the Western Cape economy
• Strategy development and planning
• Stakeholder management skills
• Financial management skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Understanding of the Public Finance Management Act
• Ability to perform consistently under pressure
• Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
• International business experience and knowledge of international markets.
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team
• Well-developed project management skills
• Good communication, presentation and writing skills are essential
• Willing to work long and flexible hours when necessary
• Willing to travel
• Drivers’ license
• Leadership and management of destination marketing (business and leisure tourism), ensuring appropriate structures, process, resources, controls, and budgeting
• Overall responsibility for developing, co-ordinating and implementing the agency’s destination marketing engagement plans and initiatives
• Managing the Wesgro tourism client database in terms of internal driving internal usage, integrity of database and ensuring POPI compliance
• Development and execution of communication campaigns amongst the agency’s shareholders in partnership with the Communication and Marketing unit
• Oversee the design and production of all tourism reporting documents including presentations, collateral, stand design etc
• Events management and collateral management
• Management of websites and social media in partnership with the Communication and Marketing unit.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer
Forward your application accompanied by a detailed CV to:
The Human Resource Department,
PO Box 1678, Cape Town, 8000;
Preferably email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 28 August 2019
Direct all enquiries to Nombongo Manana: Human Resources, on 021 487 8600