CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
This is a three year contractual position (with the option to renew) subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement. An all-inclusive market related remuneration package will apply.
A six-month probation period applies.
Purpose of the Job:
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for creating and delivering on innovative marketing strategies to build Cape Town and the Western Cape’s brand proposition for tourism, investment, export and film. The candidate will lead the Brand and Marketing team, and the Leisure Tourism and Convention Bureau teams.
The candidate will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of important strategic relationships with stakeholders in line with the Annual Performance Plans and Strategic Plan of the Agency.
- An academic qualification in marketing, advertising or related business sciences (a post-graduate qualification would be an advantage)
- Fifteen years’ experience in marketing and advertising
- Previous experience in tourism promotion will be an advantage
- Proven track record of managing a complex stakeholder environment
- Advantageous to have both private and public sector experience
- Proven track record and experience working as a senior executive in an organisation
- Ability to manage multiple projects across disciplines
- Flexibility and willingness to perform various duties depending on the shifting needs of the Agency
- A strong understanding of the Western Cape’s priority sectors and its key attractions
- Thorough knowledge of the Western Cape economy
- Willing to work long and flexible hours when necessary
- Willing to travel
- Driver’s license
- Well-developed project management skills
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills are essential
- Strategy development and planning
- Stakeholder management skills
- Financial management skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Understanding of the Public Finance Management Act
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- International business experience and knowledge of international markets
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team
- Leadership and management of the Brand and Marketing teams, and the Leisure Tourism and the Convention Bureau teams, ensuring appropriate structures, process, resources and budgeting controls are in place.
- Overall responsibility for developing, co-ordinating and implementing the Agency’s marketing engagement plans and initiatives.
- Development and execution of all communication campaigns amongst the Agency’s shareholders.
- Extensive stakeholder collaboration across the private and public sector.
- Oversee the design and production of reporting documents including presentations, collateral, stand design, etc.
- Events management and collateral management.
- Management of websites and social media.
How to apply:
Email your most recent CV to: email@example.com
Quote the reference to this advert in the subject line of your email
CLOSING DATE: 22 June 2020
Should you not have received any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.